Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Are you Kidding? Is it a Sign?

Charlotte is a busybody. The other day she was playing with pots out of the cupboard and next thing I knew she was in the cupboard. I find her in all sorts of places: the toilet, face down stuck in a half-empty laundry basket, and pulling soil and leaves off our indoor plant. She is so much fun. The other kids play hide-and-seek with her. She is still a mama's girl, even though she self-weaned. She's not walking yet, but very close. She will let go and stand for a number of seconds and is walking along furniture at a good pace.

Boy, our chickens are getting big, they're starting to eat us out of house and home. No, we aren't getting eggs yet, not until around July.


I just don't know how to begin. We bought a trampoline a week and 3 days ago, really excited for the kids to enjoy their time on it. Everyone loves trampolines and encouraged us to get one. Not two hours after we had the tramp up Grace broke her leg. She is now in a purple cast that goes up to her mid-thigh for a full month. Well, this morning I woke up to a horrible thing. It has been really windy for the last 36 hours. I found our BBQ flipped over on its side and was frustrated. Well, then Grace said, "Mom, where's the trampoline?" Oh, no, I didn't even notice that the tramp wasn't there. I run outside to look for it. The wind had blown it through our fence and it is wedged against our neighbors home. It's all bent out of shape not to mention the damage that is done to our neighbor's home. I just can't believe our luck. Well, I guess we weren't supposed to have a tramp. My neighbor, who is so nice, said, "I hope you're not going to get rid of the tramp". Are you kidding me? I guess if it's unusable we don't have a choice because we can't just go out and buy a new tramp. Well, so we're out the cost of the tramp and whatever it's going to cost to fix the fence and our neighbor's house.
It's going to be a great day!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry that all happened.

nikki said...

You are kidding! I am so sorry to hear about your tragic trampoline experiences.

I am sorry I missed your call a few weeks ago. We would love to get together. Give us a call when life slows down a little.

Holly said...

oh my goodness. so sorry. look how cute the girls are though!! it doesn't look like you guys and tramolines were meant to be... :)

Heather said...

Crazy!

I forgot to tell you that several times Marina has called Sam "baby Tyler" - she's just joking, but there is a faint resemblance!

SJ said...

I can't believe how big Charlotte looks. Tell her I love her. I also can't believe Grace and her cast. She looks so cute. Tell her I love her too.

We love you guys.